- Introduction to Search Engine Optimization
- Methods of Search Engine Optimization
- Practices of Search Engine Optimization
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Search Engine Optimization
1) Search Engine Optimization – Introduction
Search engine optimization is the combination of two words “search engine” and “optimization”.
The search engine is an internet tool from which a user can search different type of contents, images, videos, and much more on the internet.
Searching becomes more efficient and resourceful when a user can search anything on the internet at a faster pace and that is done by optimizing the search tool and a website. Optimizing simply means to create a searching process better and faster. The process of expurgation of the content and coding is known as optimizing a website.
So, discernibility of a particular site depends upon the search engine optimization. Search engine optimization is abbreviated as SEO.
2) Methods of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
There are mainly two methods of SEO:
The process of maintaining a link between the index pages of different search engines is known as indexing means to say that when a user’s surf the content on a particular search engine and in between the surfing he/she wants to surf the same content on different search engine than through indexing he/she can surf easily. And also there is no need to submit the indexed pages because they found it automatically.
A wide range of methods can upsurge the eminence of a webpage within the search results. One of the methods is Cross Linking. Suppose we are studying some content on internet by using search engine and in between we need some facts about the content then we got these facts easily within no time if the link of facts are available on that webpage.
3) Practices of Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
An SEO method is white hat if it acclimates to the search engine standards and does not involve any fraud.
An SEO method is black hat if it contradicts with the search engine standards and guidelines involves any type of fraud.
4) Advantages and Disadvantages of Search Engine Optimization
There are several advantages of SEO:
- Provides faster searching of content, media, and videos on the internet.
- Increasing prominence through cross linking feature.
There are several disadvantages of SEO:
- SEO is not a suitable scheme for every website it is applicable for a particular bunch websites.
- SEO market shown amplifications time to time in different markets.
- The search engine needs a large database and installing cost of that database is very high.
- Optimizing of the database is also very costly.